Completion of 2019 benchmarking programmeDecember 2019
At the heart of the CCTC’s drive to upgrade firm-level efficiency is the Performance Benchmarking Assessment programme.
The CCTC is pleased to report that the 22 member-firms listed below have completed Performance Benchmarking Assessments in 2019. The benchmark includes an assessment of each firm’s performance over time and against industry peers. It also includes comprehensive feedback from the firms’ major customers; a Lean Practices assessment and a set of recommendations on how to accelerate and maintain performance improvements.
1. ACA Threads
3. Al’s Clothing (new member)
5. Cotton Traders
6. Escape Gear
11. Jacques Hau
14. Linen drawer
15. Luomo Atlantis
16. Pep Clothing
17. Performance Brands (new member)
18. Prestige Caledon
19. Prestige Maitland
20. Sheraton Textiles
21. Sun Things (new member)
Benchmarks play a vital role in identifying common challenges that could be addressed by the cluster and also help in identifying pockets of best practice that may be shared with other cluster members.
We would like to recognise a few key highlights identified in the 2019 Benchmarks:
- Best-practice supplier management at Pep Clothing. We also thank them for hosting a cluster workshop earlier in the year to share their model.
- Exceptionally low rework rates at Farbe.
- Innovative visual absenteeism tracker in the warehouse department at Jacques Hau.
- Excellent 5S practices/systems at Gencon, Prestige, and TCI.
- Best-in-class standard work practices at K-WAY.
- Great improvements in Flow/Pull, Lean leadership and VPM at Keedo.
- Investment in world-class technologies at Prestige Caledon.
All CCTC member firms are invited and encouraged to participate in the Benchmarking Assessment programme each year (costs are included in the annual membership fees). For more information, please contact the CCTC facilitation team: CCTC@bmanalysts.com or +27 (0) 21 552 0240